Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Learning Japanese from ANIME

so I did my learn japanese via anime. I don't believe in "learning japanese watching anime" which most people im' sure use with the connotation of binge-watching crap with english subs. you gotta do something in between otherwise you're not gonna pick up anything. So it was as fruitful as and .with all the japanese words, grammar, and expressions that I encountered. Because I like the show and I know exactly what the hell is going on and the personalities of the characters, the dialogue is memorable and a great source to learn japanese from.some of the stuff I've encountered before so my encounter with those with this series served as good encounters to really internalize and understand the



meaning and the way you use it. some stuff i ran across it for the first time ever which is really exciting when the words piques my interest.




I must say the GENERIC I want to watch japanese anime without english subtitles is a daunting goal lol and more impotrantly IT PISSES ME OFF . and it really depends on the anime and your amount of free time lol. I would recommend redefining as understand x % of x anime on FIRST-WATCH without fast-forwarding /re-winding like we watch our shows in english because vague goals doesn't do anything for anyone except piss people off including the goal-setter. Personally I don't think i'll ever reach 100% lol because 100% is wowyou knowknow knwo your japanese as in you you spend alot lot lot of time doing stuffin japanese and you can catch it so well.Like I said, I use the chiebukuro because I cannot catch what was said and that's because i just can't or i do not know the words.



I did the shtick here that i did with iron leaguer. And so here's the link to the lines that I transcribed and/or japanese people transcribed for me from chiebukuro (it was mostly 1 or 2 peoplethey're VERY VERY KIND). it's either transcribed because i want to, i couldn't catch what they said, or there was a new word or grammar or smething that i wanted to learn or it intrigued me. i think if you have this you should have no problem catching the rest yourself (if that's still too hard theni guess yo need to read and listen more). i know that all the hard to catch lines or hard words are transcribed.i also pasted the definitions and explanations and whatnot . i added some of the lines to my anki deck but definitely not all of them.



My thoughts about the show. I enjoyed it a lot and i know slayers next is even better! i loved the funny filler episodes for slayers.there were a couple episodes that were just eh. anyways, one of the important parts of this show is the climax aka the big fights between lina and you know who. i thought it was really well done. it was exciting, well-animated, tense, and everything it should be. not to mention they added in comedy in the middle of all that AND made it work. I can say this because I watched it in japanese and found out what i didn't know that show is WELL-written, and well-thought out. NO BAKEMONOGTARI IS NOT WELL-writteni hate the annoying people who are duped by bakemonogatari thinking that it's deep and well-written and all this crap just beause they talk a little strange for a little bit too long at a speed that's a little bit too fast and they don't understand japanese andHYPE THE SHIT OUT OF IT. the dialogue is just shitimo and i refuse to listen to it and if you want to read about that in japanese checkout accessup.org



I loved the animation with its 90sness like the color scheme. just the feel of it. i have a feeling that half the people who bitch about 90s anime animation watch shit quality fansubs or somethingi really prefer this over any generic anime that came out in 2013 that look like erige and or ln adaptations with the soulless fake fake characters. the bgm is well-fitting. They chose the song of dragon slave this season and kept using it for ever and ever and they chose right. voice acting is also phenomenali noticed in one of the eps, this minor voice actor to the minor character was really emotionless in his talking lolit made me lol because i was re-listening to something in that area for the lines.



i posted some gifs and screenshtso on tumblr



the zip.rarof the screenshots and gifs are in the if you want to make icons or whatever like them people on LJ



I'm looking back at my iron leaguer post and i notice i wrote a ridiculous long love letter to it lolpart of it is because I like it a lot and the show is 52 episodes and another part is that the show's not that well-known so one of the things i can do as a fan to spread the wonderfulness of this show is to write about it. for slayers , the whole franchise, is pretty popular and i'm sure lots of people wrote wonderful things about the show with their writing skills and passion. i don't feel the need to go out of my way to write on and on. i think if you want to know about the show just watch it. it's the most logical action to take.it's more accessible compared to iron leaguer and battle athletes victory.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment